Sunday, September 16, 2007

Visit to Pixar Animation Studios


(Nikhil and myself at the gates of Pixar, me with Mike Wazoski, my fav' buddy from Monsters Inc and then Sully, Mike and me)


(with the Finding Nemo figures and Apurva, with the Incredibles family and from right to left, Nik, Apurva Shah, Chand and myself)

I have got to thank Apurva Shah, VFX Supervisor, Pixar Animation Studios for helping us with a visit to Pixar and also to Chand and Nikhil for initiating this trip to SFO. For many animators, Pixar is a dream studio and being in its campus one can feel the strong vibes of high-quality animation. This place was really huge and the atrium hall had some awesome life-sized maquettes from famous Pixar movies and the walls had original artwork of their latest release 'Ratatouille'. It was inspiring to see rough sketches done by animators and the notes they would write next to the drawings. Also, it was great to see the super cool room where the 'dailies' take place.

This truly was an unbelievable experience. Wow!

1 comment:

Amrit Derhgawen said...

Cool man! Thanks for sharing.. :)

-A