Sunday, September 16, 2007

Siggraph 2007 Experience


(getting my reel reviewed by Bobby Beck at the AM Cafe booth)


(me trying out the PhaseSpace mo-cap setup, alongwith Siggraph SV buddies, some Rugby sportsmen at the exhibition floor)



(iron animator event 'FJORG!", a cool-looking sculpture at the Gnomon booth, the backdrop of the convention centre)


This year was the first time I got to be at the event and it was a very special one for me. Especially as my Graduation Ceremony with AnimationMentor.com was to be at the same place. The convention centre was really huge (someone said this time the place is smaller than usual, wow!) and had a wonderful backdrop of the beach with lots of Yachts parked by the bay. Being a Student Volunteer, I had access to pretty much the entire exhibition floor whenever not on-shift. As an SV, it was the first time in years I was working on anything but computer graphics. It was surely a very very unique experience interacting with students from different countries and backgrounds.

I enjoyed being around the Emerging Technologies gallery and the Art gallery, the Guerrilla Studio and watching the Shrekology and Ratatouille sessions. There was so much to absorb everywhere.

The PhaseSpace motion-capture setup was fun and impressive. I was setup in less than 2 minutes and was ready to go and the results looked pretty impressive. It will be interesting to see how performance capture takes shape in India.

(This is me trying out some mo-cap)

No comments: