Sunday, September 16, 2007

AnimationMentor Graduation and The Party Afterwards


The G-Day banner, the Founders and Elaine Wu (AM classmate and award winner at the ceremony)


(AM mascot Spike and me sharing love and warmth, at the stage with Carlos after receiving the degree, Nikhil, Keerthi (Man, thanks a lot for all the help for being the local San Diego guy, thanks to your wife for the wonderful dinner, you are one crazy talented programmer-turned-animator I know and your paintings rock!) and Chand the guy clicking the picture, these were the shoulders I leaned on when I broke down missing my wife like crazy after getting the degree)



(Some crazy cool classmates who are now working on some soon-to-be released feature films)



(Sharing space with Mike Belzer, Animation Supervisor, 'Meet The Robinson's', Bryan Engram, Animation Supervisor, ReelFX Studios and Cathleen Hodgson from AnimationMentor.com, Carlos Baena, Animator, Pixar and co-founder of AM, guy with some insane amount of energy, he really showed his emotional side at the ceremony)

Monday, August 6th, 2007

This by far was the single most important day of my life as an animator. It ended up being an immensely intense and emotional moment sitting there in the hall on the graduation day. It was HUGE in so many ways, it meant achieving a dream I set out with all the support and strength my family could give.

It meant my wife and kid (I was blessed with a sibling for my son, a sister for him in the last term of AM, so yay! I am a proud father and a part of the AM Babies thread in the AM forums, ah! I miss it all now) sacrificing their weekends for me for 18 long months so I could work on my Assignments. I am pretty sure I am one of those lucky guys with a spouse really wanting you to have fun all the time while studying AM. Right from the beginning she showed great interest in AM and would always give valuable feedback on my assignments. She really has a great eye for detail and animation.

While shooting video reference for my assignments, my son Yash too would imitate me and deliver those dialogues acting things out. haha!

Thanks to Mom (she always would say looking at Bishop, the official AM character, on my computer screen, 'What? You are still working on that guy with the huge head? You work really slow.... :) , Dad for believing in me and supporting me to study further and my brother and his family for all the encouragement.

AM ROCKS!!!

No comments: