Sunday, September 16, 2007

San Diego and me doing some Voodoo

I got lucky in being selected as one of the 400+ student volunteers for Siggraph this year, and all the more fortunate to be provided housing for the event.

San Diego -
One of my first opinions about that place was that it was like a 'walking-talking museum'. Everything was so beautiful, calm and serene. I am sure anybody who has lived in Mumbai will feel that way. There was a sense of being inside a huge Film City Studio where the streets and buildings of San Diego where like life-size sets. At least that is how i felt with very very few people around.

While I was provided housing by Siggraph, I pretty much stayed with Chand (admin and co-founder of cgTantra.com and TD at Ettamina Studios) and Nikhil (Creative Director of Ettamina Studios) at their hotel. I made an offer to them they couldn't refuse. I was a carrying a bagful of Indian food which I was willing to share and they readily agreed to give up some room space for me. Earlier it was just for a day, but as things kept getting busier and busier I ended up staying with them through out the Siggraph days. It was a blast hanging out together.

While walking down the 'Gas Lamp Quarter' street on the second day in San Diego, I bumped into 'the animation ninjas' at a restaurant - It was an exhilarating moment seeing all three together for the first time.
(Shawn Kelly, me, Bobby Beck and Carlos Baena)




(Here I am 'showing off' my skills as a amateur Mentalist at Keerthi's house in San Diego)


Man, what a beautiful and spacious house he's got. The walls are adored by some really cool paintings by Keerthi himself. We were treated to some awesome Indian food, all credit to Keerthi's wife.

No comments: